Hermetic Stego in Trial Mode
When the Stego PNG software is downloaded it initially runs as a trial version which has two functional limitations (and one time limitation):
- GIF, JPG and PNG files cannot be hidden
- compressed files (such as ZIP files) cannot be hidden
Thus the software in trial mode can be used to test this software as follows:
- You can use it to examine the look-and-feel of the fully-functional version by hiding and extracting non-graphics files and uncompressed files (of any size) using any stego key.
- You can use it to extract the message file lunecl.txt whose extraction is described in Extracting a Data File.
- You can use it to extract the JPG image from the stego images given in Hiding an Image File.
After 20 days the trial version becomes a demo version (not time-limited) which is the same as the trial version except that only files of at most 20 KB can be hidden.
The trial version is also useful in the following way: Suppose you have purchased a license, activated the software and hidden a message in one or more BMP files, but for some reason the activated software is not at hand; you can still use the trial version (as downloaded from this site) to extract that message. This extraction ability remains even after the trial version becomes a demo version after 20 days.
Hermetic Stego Main Page Hermetic Systems Home Page