Programming in C
Articles about C programming, dynamic array allocation,
multi-dimensional arrays and other topics.
- Date Validation Which years have a February 29th?
- Bug in the System Origin of the term "bug" (No, not Adm. Grace Hopper.)
- File I/O in C and in C++
- An experienced programmer's view of C, C++ and Java
- Static and Dynamic Allocation of Multi-dimensional Arrays
- TechnoBeatles Classics updated for the digital revolution ...
- C code available on this web site
- Use of the Debugger in Visual C++
- When to Use a Debugger
- What a Debugger Can Do
- How to Use the Visual C++ Debugger
Tutorials, Reference Materials, Etc.
- Steve Summit: Frequently Asked Questions from comp.lang.c.
- Steve Summit: Introductory C Programming
- Computer-Books.us has free, downloadable books on C, books on C++ and books on C#.
- Lawrence Krubner: Object Oriented Programming is an expensive disaster which must end
- Ilya Suzdalnitski:
- Object-Oriented Programming — The Trillion Dollar Disaster
- Functional Programming? Donít Even Bother, Itís a Silly Toy
- Why Are So Many Developers Hating on Object-Oriented Programming?
That's easy — because it sucks.
- Sarah Schlothauer: C wins Programming Language of the Year award for 2019
- Dark corners and pitfalls of C++
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Inquiry Board Traces Ariane 5 Failure to Overflow Error
- Computer Literacy's Interview with Donald Knuth
- Stewart Brand: We Owe it All to the Hippies
- Ellen Ullman: The Dumbing-Down of Programming, Part One and Part Two.
- John Dvorak: The Dumbing Down of America
- Gavin Clarke: Dennis Ritchie: The C man who booted Unix
- Susan C. Daffron: Windows Explorer Weirdness
"For the past couple of months I have been coping with an incredibly frustrating problem. My files in the File Open dialog box mysteriously started appearing in order of the 'Last Modified' date, instead of in alphabetical order. Let me tell you, this problem was driving me nuts..." It was also driving the author of this website nuts, until he found this article. Thanks a lot, Microsoft!
Hermetic Systems Home Page