Cryptosystem ME6 German
Multiple File Encryption Software for Windows
Cryptosystem ME6 is intended for encryption and decryption of single files or multiple files on PCs, for secure storage or secure transmission. It uses a 500-bit key for security, and has features designed to minimize the chances of user error. Here is a screenshot:
Testimonials Download the
A summary of the features of Cryptosystem ME6:
- ME6 is a Windows program with an efficient user interface.
- It uses a secure symmetric key encryption algorithm (based upon the irreversibility of the MD5 message digest algorithm).
- Has built-in help; right-click on a command button displays the appropriate help.
- User can encrypt/decrypt a single file or act on multiple files in a single operation (batch mode).
- Ability to include subfolders in an operation (this includes all subfolders of subfolders).
- Ability to produce output files with names the same as, or different from, the input files.
- Use of long key phrases (up to 64 characters).
- Production of 64-byte random keys (saved as keyfiles).
- Ability to save the setup for the next run, or to save as an "operation file" for later use.
- A way to test the randomness of bytes in any file, with a graphical display of randomness in individual files.
- The purging of the plaintext file when the file produced by encryption has the same name as the input file.
- A reliability test to demonstrate that the result of encryption-and-decryption produces the original input file.
- Extensive error-checking (e.g., whether there is sufficient disk space for output files) and informative error messages.
- Information is given on the main screen concerning specified files (e.g., whether they appear to be encrypted).
- Encrypts/decrypts files on a floppy disk even if the disk is nearly full.
- Prevents accidental encryption of exe, dll and other files necessary for proper operation of your Windows PC.
- Checks for certain operations on certain file extensions such as doc and if the operation involves the deletion of such a file ME6 warns that antivirus software may be activated, and advises what to do if so.
- Encrypted files can be sent to another person who can (if they know the encryption key) decrypt them using the ME6 demo program (without the need to purchase a user license).
- Product Information
- Cryptosystem ME6 in Demo Mode
- User Manual for Cryptosystem ME6
- Why using Cryptosystem ME6 is safer than using other encryption software
- Anti-Forensic-Software Measures in Cryptosystem ME6
- Sending ME6-Encrypted Files to Another Person
- Using Cryptoystem ME6 for Remote Storage of Ciphertext
- Types of Encryption Keys Used in Cryptosystem ME6
In January 1999, the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) [of India] issued a 'red alert' against all network security software developed in the US. ... Specifically, the DRDO is concerned about U.S. "encryption software products" that can be 'broken' by the NSA. The agency pointed out "no encryption software products can be exported from the U.S. if they are too strong to be broken by the U.S. National Security Agency." ... The letter says: "To put it bluntly, only insecure software can be exported. When various multinational companies go around peddling 'secure communication software' products to gullible Indian customers, they conveniently neglect to mention this aspect of the U.S. export law." — Cryptography and Liberty 1999: An International Survey of Encryption Policy
Cryptosystem ME6 was designed and developed in Europe. Thus it was not designed (as most commercial U.S.-developed encryption software is) to be sufficiently weak to qualify for a U.S. export license. On the contrary, it was designed to be as strong as possible.
This file encryption software has no backdoor. The encryption key is not hidden in the ciphertext. (The encryption algorithm is explained in detail in Chapter 2 of the User Manual.)
Trial version: A copy of the Cryptosystem ME6 software can be downloaded freely from this website for the purpose of evaluation. Click on the following link to go to a web page with further information:
Download Cryptosystem ME6 ...
Price and ordering: A single-user license for the fully-functional software is available for a period of 3 months, 1 year or with no time limit (a 'perpetual' license). Prices for each type of license are given at Purchase a User License. An activation key is required in order to make the trial version fully functional. An activation key can be obtained immediately if purchasing either via PayPal or via Share-it.
Refund: A refund will be provided promptly up to 30 days after purchase if the software does not perform satisfactorily.
Updates: Purchasers of a user license for this software are entitled to an upgrade to any later version at no additional cost.
Cryptography Hermetic Systems Home Page