.: What's New :.
|To be notified of updates to this page go to Netikus's URL watch and sign up for their free notification service. The URL for this page is:|
This page lists additions and changes made during the last two years.
New items are added to the top.
- 2016-06-25: MD5 File and Folder Comparator — for comparing two files as to identity and for comparing two folders as to which files (if any) have changed, been added or been deleted.
- 2016-06-18: The home page has been redesigned.
- 2016-06-09: Introduction to Spin Models in Computational Physics
- 2016-05-25: An Inquiring Mind, a CD-ROM containing the collected writings of Peter Meyer, is now available.
- 2016-05-08: If you can pay via PayPal then you can purchase perpetual user licenses for two or more of our security programs, or two or more of our calendar programs, and get a discount of from 25% to 40%. See the purchase page for any of these programs as to how to do this.
- 2016-01-02: A new product, Duplicate Text Finder, for comparing two sets of text files to find files in one set which are either exact duplicates of files in the other set or nearly exact duplicates (if an initial segment of text is passed over).
- 2015-10-30: A new product, Hermetic MultiFile Search, for indexing multiple docx, text, HTML and other text-like files for rapid searching for specified words and phrases.
- 2015-10-27: A new version of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter Advanced which allows ordering words/phrases according to the number of files in which they occur (within a set of files), rather than the frequency of words/phrases in all the files.
- 2015-10-10: A new version of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter Advanced which displays relative frequencies of words and phrases as well as absolute frequencies.
- 2015-09-29: A new version of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter Advanced with an option to extract the text from docx files.
- 2015-08-09: Cellular Automata Algorithms
- 2015-06-20: A new version of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter Advanced Version which greatly increases the speed of processing when one wants to count occurrences in some file of a large number of words or phrases (in a count-only words/phrases file) and no pattern-matching is required.
- 2015-05-25: A new section in the WFCA user manual: Sorting Documents by the Number of Occurrences of a Word or Phrase
- 2015-05-23: New versions of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter and the Advanced Version which provide much faster processing of large Word docx files.
- 2015-05-13: A new version of Data Destroyer.
- 2015-05-02: A Practical Example of the Use of Email Encryption End-to-End
- 2015-04-25: Several improvements have been made to our Email Encryption End-to-End software.
- 2015-04-11: The user interface of our venerable Cryptosystem ME6 file encryption software has been totally revamped while maintaining backwards-compatibility with the older version.
- 2015-03-03: New versions of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter and the Advanced Version which correct a bug in recognizing UTF-8-encoded files.
- 2015-02-22: Hermetic Word Frequency Counter Advanced Version can now count words and phrases in MS Word docx files.
- 2015-02-14: Hermetic Word Frequency Counter can now count words in MS Word docx files.
- 2015-01-21: A new version of Backup Modified Files which provides increased support when the program is invoked by the Task Scheduler and is run unattended.
- 2015-01-16: Machine translation into any of six languages (French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Norwegian) of any of our software product pages can now be performed (except with Internet Explorer).
- 2014-12-14: A new version of Backup Modified Files which allows the program to be run at a specified time each day (or week, etc.) via the Windows Task Scheduler, optionally with auto-shutdown of the computer when the backup operation is finished.
- 2014-09-14: New versions of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter and the Advanced Version which allow scanning of files containing mixed ASCII and non-ASCII text (e.g., English and Chinese).
- 2014-07-21: Hermetic Systems now accepts Bitcoin in payment for single-user licenses (both time-limited and perpetual).