.: What's New :.
This page lists additions and changes made during the last twelve months. New items are added to the top.
To receive an email message when new items are added to this page
go to www.netikus.net and sign up for their free auto-notification service.
The URL for this page is: http://www.hermetic.ch/42/whatsnew.php
- 2014-12-14: A new version of Backup Modified Files which allows the program to be run at a specified time each day (or week, etc.) via the Windows Task Scheduler, optionally with auto-shutdown of the computer when the backup operation is finished.
- 2014-09-14: New versions of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter and the Advanced Version which allow scanning of files containing mixed ASCII and non-ASCII text (e.g., English and Chinese).
- 2014-08-11: A new version of Email Encryption End-to-End with a (minor) improvement to the output ciphertext file.
- 2014-07-21: Hermetic Systems now accepts Bitcoin in payment for single-user licenses (both time-limited and perpetual). For further details order any single-user license.
- 2014-06-02: Almost the entire content of this website is now available on CD-ROM.
- 2014-05-13: A new version of Recycle Bin Wiper which detects if admin privileges (needed) are lacking and informs the user if so.
- 2014-04-29: A new version of Data Destroyer which now recognizes when a disk is write-protected.
- 2014-04-11: In Hermetic Word Frequency Counter Advanced Version the minimum number of words in a phrase at the Count all Phrases panel is now 1, so it's possible to count all words and all phrases in a single operation, should you wish to do that.
- 2014-03-19: An improved version of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter Advanced Version which makes it much easier to select a file of common words in a particular language (or some other file containing words to be ignored).
- 2014-03-12: An improved version of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter which fixes a display bug on startup and which has better processing of UTF-8 encoded text.
- 2014-01-25: An improved version of Keywords Meta Tag Generator Advanced Version which (a) supports UTF-8 files, (b) adds a file of common words in six languages, and (c) is fully Windows 8 compatible.
- 2014-01-09: A major update to Hermetic Word Frequency Counter Advanced Version which (i) adds 'Scan only' and 'Exclude filepaths' to allow restriction of files to be scanned, (ii) adds an option to ignore too-frequent words and (iii) improves processing of regular expressions.
- 2013-12-25: New versions of Prime Number Spiral, Factorizer and Julian-Gregorian-Dee Date Calculator which are fully compatible with Windows 8.
- 2013-12-12: A new version of Recycle Bin Wiper which fixes a couple of minor bugs.
- 2013-12-05: A new version of Data Destroyer which fixes a minor bug when purging files in the Recycle Bin.
- 2013-11-21: A new version of Cryptosystem ME6 which is fully Windows 8 compatible.
- 2013-11-20: An improved version of Backup Modified Files.
- 2013-11-16: A new version of Hermetic Word Frequency Counter which automatically detects the language of the input file and (optionally) loads the corresponding file of common words (words to be ignored).
- 2013-11-12: An improved version of Email Encryption End-to-End.
- 2013-11-08: An improved version of Keywords Meta Tag Generator which (a) supports UTF-8 files, (b) automatically detects the language of the input file, (c) adds a file of common words in six languages, and (d) is fully Windows 8 compatible.
- 2013-11-04: An improved version of Hermetic World Frequency Counter which (a) supports UFT-8 text files and (b) makes easier the choice of a file containing common words in a particular language.
- 2013-10-23: An improved version of Email Encryption End-to-End.
- 2013-10-11: Regarding our multiple-user licenses (a.k.a. group licenses, a.k.a. site licenses), the method whereby a member of the group can obtain an activation key has been simplified. More details about purchasing multiple licenses are given here.
- 2013-10-01: A new product, Recycle Bin Wiper, for wiping deleted files in the Windows Recycle Bin by overwriting them repeatedly so that the data cannot be recovered.